A quick note:
2012-2013 ASPM & VORP have now been released! See the new 2013 ASPM page.
A few early notes:
- The cream is already rising to the top after 4 to 8 games for each team.
- LeBron James is #1 in total VORP, with an ASPM almost exactly the same as last year.
- The only big outliers right now are the Knicks, buoyed by a very hot start. I don’t think they will sustain the +20 efficiency margin… Jason Kidd currently has the second-best ASPM in the league. Small sample size warning!
- Kyle Lowry actually has the best ASPM, but he has only played 4 games before he got hurt.
- Anthony Davis with the very good start to his rookie season.
- Andrei Kirilenko is back!
- Keep your eye on Brandon Jennings, Mike Conley, and Jeff Teague as young point guards that could become elite this year.